Grilled Fish with mango salsa and coconut rice
Mango Salsa Ingredients
• 1 large Mango, cut in small pieces
• 3/4 c. Red pepper, cut in small pieces
• 3/4 c. Chopped cilantro
• 1/4 c red onion, minced very fine
• 1 large Avocado, cut in small pieces
• 1 T. Fresh Lime juice
• 1 T. Olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and store in fridge until ready to use.
• 1 1/2 c. Water or Broth
• 1 1/4 c. Coconut milk
• 1 1/2 c. Jasmine Rice, rinsed
• 1/2 t. Salt
Mix all together in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, and then simmer 20-25 minutes.
• Soak wooden grilling planks in water for 2 hours.
• Select your favorite fish (Mahi Mahi for an authentic Hawaiian fish), salt and pepper to taste and drizzle olive oil in top.
• Grill fish on top of the wet wooden plank.
• Serve fish on coconut rice and top with a generous portion of mango salsa
Hawaiian Mai Tai Cocktail
- ½ part Triple Sec
- 1½ part white Rum
- 1 part Dark Rum
- ¼ part Lime juice
- 1½ part Pineapple juice
- 1½ part Orange juice
- Garnish: pineapple
- Add all the ingredients, except for dark rum, in the shaker and fill the shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Add ice cubes to the glass and strain the cocktail over it.
- Add dark rum to the top
- Garnish with a pineapple and cherry.